<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thickening skin 

Here it is day 4 of the conference and I've not posted since day 2 when I was working! It's been a great few days, though exhausting. I've met a lot of wonderful people, seem a lot of great presentations, and don't feel totally hopeless about the state of the world (not completely...). The best part about some of what I've heard is that I think I've gained some tools and practical applications for the work I am my company do. Which is a great change from the typical overarching high-thinking yet mostly theoretical thinking.

My profession (transportation/traffic engineering) has been getting hit with some pretty serious criticism and condemnation. Which has raised my hackles at times, but overall has been pretty warranted, not allowing me to really complain or rebut.

The days have been chock full of goodness. Tonight I leave the conference to heard to Denver for a buddy's wedding, giving me a change to take a breath and relax!

This morning started with me hauling my trailer, much like every other day this week. My load this morning was another bike, causing me to giggle quite a bit. A bike hauling a bike. Good times!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com