<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Back from the dead. Again 

I'm alive, but these days I'm not feeling it. My doc has me on a cleansing/fasting type diet for a few weeks in an effort to determine why my cholesterol is high. We've tried a couple other things, but so far nothing. This new diet? Ah, it's not fun. I am eating fruits, veggies, beans and....that's about it. No:

Grains
Dairy (the block of cheese in the fridge mocks me)
eggs
alcohol
caffeine (oh how I miss my coffee!)
spuds
pasta

It's a tough one. I'm a week into it already and am surviving. My energy level is not high-it peaks about 5 minutes after I eat and is over soon after. The worst part is that my brain power is lacking, and concentrating is not easy, to say the least. But I'm forcing my way thru. He says I'll lose some weight, which sucks, because I think I was finally putting some back on (in a good way). Not to mention that being productive at work is not easy when you can't concentrate and are listless. So it goes.

Got to see my little bro and sis last week when Stu rolled thru town with his tour. It gave me an excuse to leave work early which didn't hurt me none.

Not too much has been going on out here. I am trying to pick a place to make a trip and see, and I've not been able to narrow it down enough yet. It's been over a damn year since I was off somewhere, and that is way too long. Unacceptable.

Asia, Eastern Europe, Africa, S. America, Central America or what? I can't decide. So many choices!

No rain today. It was nice to ride the bike in shorts and a tshirt. In my dreamland, summer is here....

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com