<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 20, 2006

A nice relaxing weekend 

It's amazing how quickly the weekends fly by. When you get right down to it, it's a bit obnoxious. These days I seem to crash on the weekend; a noticable lack of motivation hits pretty quickly once I leave work. I don't like it. There is too much to be done!

This past weekend I stayed in Friday night! It was great! I got a bunch of reading done and studied some Thai and went to bed at a reasonable hour. Saturday was a different sort of story. I was up and at the dock by 7:45am, from whence we paddled upriver (most of us paddled anyway. Some were more interested in looking around and not paddling) to a park. In an effort to contribute something to the community, rather than beer money to local bars (which is the community, in a way) we spent the next few hours planting trees and bushes with a group called "Friends of Trees". It was great fun and it felt good to do some manual labor rather than mouse manipulation. The paddle back down river was easy. Especially for me since I was tilling and not paddling. What fun it is to steer that boat!

After changing another flat tire on my bike I headed off to a buddy's to watch the University of Michigan lose to the Ohio State University. It's great fun to watch Michigan lose, especially when watching with a big fan. Hehe

Sunday I sat around.

Today is Monday. Work was uneventful and Thai class went pretty well. I am slowly, slowly learning. Now I'm sitting around reading a book called "Road Ecology". Good stuff but heavy in a way.

It's Thanksgiving week which means this is a short week and boy am I glad. I need more than a short weekend off. The guests start arriving tomorrow and by Saturday we will have 3 extras in the small apartment on Stark. Good times. I'm looking forward to it since 2 of the 3 are my sis and her husband (so weird still to say that).

No creativity is seeping thru my brain pan. Bummer.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com