<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 05, 2006

Time crunch 

I haven't been on here hardly at all, have I? Can't seem to find much of any free time! Crazy, this working thing.

It's come to my attention (thru emails and comments) that perhaps I should rephrase the 'title' of this blog, something other than my being a 'repressed engineer'. Any suggestions? I'll see what I can come up with.

Work goes well, but I need to make more effort getting in touch with the outside world. Too much going on. This upcoming weekend is my first Dragon Boat race (during Portland's Rose Festival) which should be a lot of fun. It is also the start of pedalpalooza, weeks of activities celebrating bikers (not drivers). Good times. Should be a lot of fun. We'll see how many things I can get into. The festival opens this Saturday with a dance thinger, midnight (nekkid) bike ride and fun times. Might have to miss the zanyness since we'll hopefully be racing Sunday!

Here are two quite good, but depressing articles. But quite good for thought production.


http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=1997083&page=1

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060601/wl_asia_afp/uschinarightsuighur_060531234521

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com