<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 07, 2006

Time flies 

Amazing. It's already April, a week in. When did that happen? These days are flying by-an amazing feat considering my general lack of activity.

Today has been a productive day, if nothing else. Hit up the coffee shop for a couple cups of life-giving nutrient and reading. Did laundry, vacuumed the place and finally did up my taxes! Thrilling I tell you. I am getting money back (not hard to do when you don't make enough to be taxed)! What else did I do. Showered, that was long overdue (when you sit around by yourself all day, it's hard (for me) to really motivate and focus on high levels of personal cleanliness). Ate a couple times. Bought a bunch of food to make up my excellent stir-fry for dinner tonight.

And I've read some news. Let me tell ya-the stuff never gets any better, ya know? It's rarely positive, most often it's depressing. Gets old, ya know? How involved do I want to get in this stuff? What world/life events can I affect? I need to work on trying to stay more neutral and not worked up about things I can have no hand in helping. Or, I need to figure out what I need to do and on what level I CAN work towards mitigating the overwhelming idiocy that exists out there.

What to do now....Perhaps I'll throw in a movie. I rented Magnolia the other night and haven't watched it yet. I'm up for some mind-bending fun.

My new paddle got de-virginized last night and it was awesome! I'd by lying if I said I didn't enjoy riding my bicycle to and back from practice with the wooden implement strapped onto the bike (alongside the crotch-crushing bar)! One of my new friends on the team gave me her old set of frisbee-golf discs, so I was riding home with the paddle strapped on, my bike lock across the handlebars, and the discs hanging on the right handle bar. I was loaded down. No worries, I made it without tipping over or hitting anything!

Although I did nearly run over another friend of mine as I pulled up to the apartment-some of the old roomies were stopping by to see if I wanted to head out for a drink with all of them. Well, yeah! Of course I do! Off we went. Of the five people in the car, I was the only one who hadn't had the worst week ever. Lucky me! The bar we went to is called the Space Bar, or something like that. Space scenes painted all over the walls, but at its core it is a dive bar. I was happy.

I'm 2 days behind in newspapers. Should I continue to plow thru or take a break? Time will tell...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com