<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 10, 2006

Well F me in the goat a$$ 

Hopefully one day before I die, I'll stop this annoying habit of mine (yes, I know I have many, but right now we are only discussing one of them!): second guessing the hell out of things. It gets tiresome, really.

Had my first job interview in 5 years this morning. Yes, I was offered a job on a survey crew. However, one hand bestowed a job offer while the other was trying its best to convince me to return to engineering. In fact the guy interviewing me called up a buddy of his to, I don't know, prove how badly needed engineers are right now, and to give me an idea for what I'd be offered (money-wise) getting into an area in which I have no experience (a lot more than he offered).

So of course now I am wondering what to do. There are large pros and cons to both of them. The most important question is this: will I be miserable taking another engineering job (I am doing a great job of ignoring my pride)? Will a new situation, new types of projects, new atmosphere and new disposition make a difference? Or will I be miserable after a couple of weeks? Ultimately (financially), ENG makes the most sense. But I've done the misery for money before, and don't want to do it again.

Bah

Is 11AM too early for a beer? It is Friday...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com