<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Animal update 

In my post about the amazing aye-aye, I neglected to include any info about the critter except my newly found passion for him/her and a striking photo. Let me rectify...

The Wikipedia says:

The Aye-aye (Daubentonia madagascariensis) is a primate native to Madagascar that combines rodent-like teeth with a long, thin middle finger to fill the ecological niche of a woodpecker. It is the world's largest nocturnal primate, and is characterized by its unique method of finding food; it taps on trees to find grubs, then gnaws holes in the wood and inserts its elongated middle finger to pull the grubs out.

Here are some more links:

The Wild Ones

Animal Info


The BBC

Are these guys awesome, or what?

(Yes, I need a job)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com