<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

It´s warm 

You can all relax now. I made it down here just fine. Granted I only slept about 2 hours the night before and only ate one meal all day yesterday (a tasty veggie burger round 4pm) and wandered around the city all day with all my crap (I arrived at 2p. My buddy didn´t get to the hotel where he had a reservation until after 11pm), but it was good.

Why? My spanish is much more accomplished when I am tired. It´s quite exciting to communicate! And, it´s so much easier here than in Asia where I knew no words and couldn´t read the writing!

But I digress. Or do I?

Today has been filled with street wandering. Tomorrow at 630am we mount a bus to the interior (more interior than here in san jose). Soon will follow hiking thru rainforests, canopy walking and exploring (checking out, up close, the upper reaches of the very tall trees), volcano viewing and who knows what else. I wanted to jaunt up to Nicaragua, but I don´t know if that´ll happen. The border crossing is supposed to be easy...

Last night we (my buddy, his buddy, and a girl they picked up at the airport) went out for drinks. Good times. I am not sure if the girls we watched walking around the parking lot were hookers or not. Some, yeah. Others....who knows. Overall though....whoa. The level of female attractiveness here is high, to say the least.

What else....not much. Last night saw me not sleeping again. I think I´m going to go and try to take a nap before we head out to dinner.

I´m dealing well with my travel overload. The ease (relatively) of communication helps. But this is it, for now. Once I get back (my flights WILL not change) I´m digging in. I swear!

Warm breezes are so nice!

Went to a mariposa garden today (butterflies). Very cool. Quite peaceful. I can´t wait to get into the forests here and see the wildlife, plantlife and little critters (insects, spiders, frogs, etc)!

For the record-my feet reek

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com