<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Seems a bit suspect to me 

I can appreciate that there is a necessity to not overcrowd a prison with extra people. But when the UN, a body the US proclaims to support and deems necessary, asks for permission for three of its memebers to get into Guantanamo prison to talk to prisoners (after tales of abuse and torture and unlawful imprisonment abound) and is rebuffed, I can't help but question the reasons.

By disallowing the UN access, doesn't that in a way undermine their legitimacy as a govorning body of its member nations? Doesn't it sound as though we're saying "do as I say, not as I do" once again?

I don't know. It sure doesn't help our image when we scornfully dismiss laws and such that we insist other countries adhere to.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com