<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Revelation 

This may not come as a surprise to some of you, but I am an adult. For pretty much all of my life I looked at adults as people with jobs, houses, spouses, kids, etc. And that was never me. Despite the fact that I had a 'real' job for over 5 years, owned way too many vehicles and a house and whatever else, I never considered myself grown up. As a result, I never grabbed hold and turned my life in any direction. It was more a "let's see what plays out/falls into my lap next". Pretty crazy, eh? Funny too.

Maybe a week and a half ago as I lay in a bungalow on a Thai beach unable to sleep yet again (three cheers for insomnia!), it finally hit me: I'm an adult. I'll be thirty in a couple months and it's time to stop pretending that I'm not in charge.

Exciting, to say the least. My desire is now to see what I can make happen, what I can do, rather than seeing what happens.

I have a plan for how to make money; this idea is one I've played with for years but never seriously saw it as something I would do because it was a venture for adults. Now that I am grown up, I can take it seriously.

No, it has no connection to engineering. Isn't that awesome?

First though, I need to get some lunch.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com