<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 16, 2005

Shake it up 

Hm

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I landed in Asia.

My flight out leaves on Tuesday afternoon and I land in LA a long time after. I hope the greyhound station is close to the airport, as there's only a couple hours between landing and my bus's departure.

What is my plan? Don't have one. I'll hit Denver the night of the 21st and eventually make my rounds of the midwest and northwest (maybe. My plans are more subject to change now more than ever it seems).

What happened? Why am I coming back? Multi-tiered reasons, and I don't feel like delving into them at this juncture.

Simplified reason: I'm tired. Tired of traveling, tired of avoiding life, tired of being stagnant and pretending the rest of the world doesn't exist. It's time to sack-up and get my life moving again. I hadn't realized how stagnant I'd become.

And I'm excited to have life prospects again. No, said prospects are not tangible or even dimly outlined. But life has many, and I plan on taking advantage of some.

As for my travel partners? Well...

D bailed a week ago (I can say this now because his mom knows. He tended to not keep her well-informed and I didn't want her finding out thru me [our 3 moms have been in communication with each other]); he wrote a note and tried to sneak out (being terrible at goodbyes) but C caught him.

C...is none too pleased with me for ditching her in Asia. I feel terrible, but I have to do this for the sake of my sanity. She'll be fine. Traveling solo will be good for her (he tells himself guiltily).

Unfortunately, her travels will be curtailed as a result of this (or so she thinks thus far). And three Indian visas are going unused (for now. They are valid for 6 months so you never know; I do have a supposed 'milestone' bday approaching, and celebrating it somewhere other than a bar could be a nice change...); D never even returned to Bangkok to pick his up. The pain incurred from this would be less had we not paid almost $100 for them! Ah well. So it goes.

Anyway, that is how things stand right now. I predict extreme culture shock in a few days time, and more than a little exhaustion (one day I'll learn how to sleep in moving vehicles!).

Be ready. I'm coming home!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com