<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

What do you make of this? 

When I was in Kazakhstan, I heard it mentioned that in terms of natural resources, they are one of the richest countries in the world-tons of petroleum, natural gas, other things, and a very low population. If the wealth were spread out (which it is not), the people would be quite wealthy.

Believe it or not, some US companies have tried bribery and such to gain a business advantage. And our govt is trying to suppress such acts from occurring in foreign countries. Yeah, some may say this is so that our govt can go in and get the stuff, but I don't know. It's an interesting fight. It always grates badly on me when a country with a great way to bring in some money to their country (the idealist in me wants to believe that the country, and not the few elite, will benefit) is superceded by another. No, don't mention Iraq to me. Right now I was actually thinking about central/south America (how's the banana?)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com