<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sounds cool, doesn't it? 

Can't remember if I posted this yet or not. Probably. Since my mind is going I can never be sure what I've done in reality or in the reality that is the remnants of my brain.

In the last 2 days, my co-worker and I moved 89 bags of macadamia nuts, each weighing 80lbs or so. Today we moved 24 in the pouring rain. It was awesome! Doing some quick math, that comes out to about three and a half tons. Sounds pretty impressive, doesn't it? Well, it isn't really. Unless you want it to be then it is. And you know what the best part is (other than my bulging muscles. Wait, no, that's a herniated disc...)? When lifting those bags, or pulling weeds or digging holes in the burning sun, I can always make myself feel better by saying: "Ah! At least I am not in a cubicle!"

Yes, little sister, I now understand how that mantra helped you thru so many difficult situations. If only you'd lived that life then it'd be that much more effective a creedo.

Tomorrow-no work. And I'm sleeping in later than 7:30 for once. Which means no calls before 9am.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com