<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 21, 2005

The skies are blue and the mud brown 

Back in civilization again. Made a 4-day 'canoe' trip down the Nam Ou and Mekong Rivers from the town of Nong Khiaw to Luang Prabang, where I now sit relaxing and soothing my bruised kiester bones. FYI-sitting on a wooden slat an inch wide (and canted at an uncomfortable angle)leaves bruises.

BUT, we made it. We being me, a guy from Wisconsin and two females from Quebec (semi-Canadia). Fun times. The girls wussed out and caught a bus at the beginning of day 3, but so be it. Me and WI paddled our 33 foot wooden rectangle the rest of the way.

5 more days in Laos for me-sucks, because I am loving this country. Then I'll sit in Bangkok for a couple of days (my head swirling and threatening to explode) before catching my flight to Fiji to meet R. While there I'll recount a couple/few things. It's been a hell of a ride since I left my sis's place a couple weeks ago.

Time for coffee. At least 2 cups. Gotta hydrate, ya know?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com