<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Off again 

New plan:

Tomorrow sometime (8:30ish) we are going back out on the road. Kinda like the Traveling Willbury's, only completely different. A lot more tone deaf. And not so Tom Pettyish.

Where to now? Don't worry, still in Cambodia. We are heading down to the Gulf of Thailand to the town of Kampot. It's a 2.5 hour or so drive (assuming the recently departed rainy season hasn't completely decimated the road) and we'll be there!

After a couple days there, we'll journey back up to PP, stay the night, then get our asses on a slow boat to China (not really, but you know how the tune goes. Actually, it'll be a slow boat to Vietnam). That'll be probably a 3 day trip. Maybe 4 we haven't decided. Some good quality time with the Mekhong Delta before disembarking in Ho Chi Minh City (or Saigon. I thought it'd converted over to Islam and taken the name HCM City, but around here they're all calling it Saigon, so who really knows. Maybe since Vietnam ain't on any Cambodians Xmas list (that may not be true. How would I actually know?) they are purposely not calling it by its new name to tease those commies? Something to look into I suppose.

Hm. I really don't have much to say right now. Hard to imagine for most folks I would guess. Had a veggie curry (see ma, no cholesterol. I am so good! That and we've seen rats, so maybe the chicken ain't never clucked....if you know what I mean) dish for dinner that's sitting rotting in my gut. Feels gooood!

Dangit! I'm having trouble downloading pics again! That is starting to get on my nerves. I have a bunch to get online but I just can't get them there. It's the Chiner govt I'd bet.

Happy bdays:

Sonja-this is a couple days late. I blame Rachelle. Happy birthday!
Stu and Brenda (sorry, joint wishes for you both. I mean, do you really think I have the time to type out 'happy birthday' more than once?)-Happy birthday!

If anyone wants a(nother) reason to feel bad for my mom: I am in Cambodia. My little sis is still in western China. My little brother leaves for Japan soon. That means 3 of her 4 kids will be far far overseas. Though Stu will be heading home much sooner than us other 2 (ha!)

Gotta run now. This computer has reached the end of its viable life. Can't download, so I'm gonna go Office Space on its ass

Until later...



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com