<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 22, 2004

More from me 

Hindsight tells me that I should have said something about Thailand, and my impressions thus far. Since I can't go back in time, I'll just post again instead.

OK, here it is: compared to China, this place is as easy as taking a sucker from a baby (if said baby doesn't know kung-fu or have a very large indignant parent or loved one or concerned stranger standing nearby....ok, as easy as falling down?). Not only that, but the people here are very very friendly and most people know english. It's great. So far, I'm loving it. The strange part is, I kind of miss the difficulties of China and I am very thrown off by all the westerners wandering around everywhere. Don't worry, I'll get over it.

Massages are very cheap here. I've had 2 already, and plan on getting another tomorrow (we are going on a canoe trip tomorrow morning [I think] so I'll deserve one, you know?)(the first was a 2-hour, kinda hurty Thai massage. The second an oil massage. I think they used up a pallete of oil and went thru an even dozen masseuses in the process. Stupid hair soaks up that stuff)(which reminds me. The guide on our bamboo boat rafting experience told me [upon seeing me with my shirt off] that I looked like a monkey b/c of my hair! I offered it to him, but he looked scared and turned away. (The guide also decided to marry Kristine. He called our raft the Titanic [aptly named], himself 'Fred' [or whatever the hell they called Leo DiCraprio in that damn movie] and Kristine 'Rose'. I tried to promote the idea [I told him that I could act as her dad and gave my consent]. She wasn't amused, though she laughed/snorted quite a bit)

Dinner tonight cost me about $1US-and I had 2 servings of Pad Thai (fatty faty boom batty).

Have I mentioned that the people here are ridiculously nice?

Rachelle got her nose pierced about an hour ago. Don't ask me! I tried to use all my common sensical practical wisdom to talk her out of it but she insisted on disrespecting her body by forcing a piece of metal where a piece of metal was not supposed to go. I'm appalled, really. (but then again, the guy said [I think] that tattoos are about 1000 baht an hour ($1US ~= 40 baht)...which is pretty cheap.... Dragons are cool, ya know? Hm....

Know what song I'd like to hear right now? "Save a horse ride a cowboy". I wonder how the rest of that album is?

I downloaded some more pics just now. Check them all out at:
http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=171221101137615629/l=37460688/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com