<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Rabies is bad 

I got my third (and final) rabies shot in the series yesterday. The shot itself was no problem, just a little initial soreness. There were no sidetypeeffects all day however-I was pleased, because the girlfriend (R) felt pretty sick for about a day after her final shot.

Then I woke up this morning. Oof. Headache, nausea, achy joints/muscles, over all bad juju. Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in! So I went back to sleep for another almost 2 hours. I feel a lot better now. A twinge of a headache, but that's about it. Hopefully none of the other stuff comes back. I'll let you know

In a way, I want to seek out a rabid animal (monkey, I think. A dog or a cat is too trivial in my scheme of things) and get them to bite me to make this inoculation worth the pain, money (it was about $150 a pop for the 3 pricks) and effort. Granted it will hurt and I will need to get more shots and treatment, but come on! Over $400 in shots? I didn't even get a bowl of damn soup out of it!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com