<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 26, 2004

The word is out and spreading 

My resignation was announced at our staff meeting this morning. An email was also sent out letting everyone know that my time here (and hopefully my time as an engineer) has come to a close. It feels great to finally be able to talk about it and let people know instead of trying to keep such a big secret. Everyone I have talked to thus far has been great and very supportive. And of course there is a touch of jealousy from some, but there ain't much I can do about it. 

It feels pretty weird to be giving up my life as I've always known it (ideals, philosophies, job, etc), but at the same time it's exhilarating and freeing. I suggest everyone tries it (if you want)! I was talking with one of my soon to be ex-coworkers about all this, and he couldn't be more supportive. As we discussed, he mentioned how hard some people would perceive leaving a life as comfortable as mine as being. Well, it's not. I made a choice, I've realized some things, and leaving behind the 10 years I've dedicated to engineering (school and work) is not hard. It's something I need to do at this point in my life so it would be harder to not do this. Ya know?

Enough for now. I do still have some things to get done, and I'd like to get out of here soon today. I'm starved!


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com