<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, June 28, 2004

This is going to be a good week 

The genius over at Resurrectionsong just made my week. Why? Because he has declared this: We Hate Michael Moore Week: Unfair and Unbalanced

How great is that? Go check out his site. He's got a few related posts with some great links.

On that subject, USA Today has an article about how much money Moore is raking in from his 'crockumentary'.

If you want to read the same article with some minor revisions (courtesy of that genius/wacko over at proteinwisdom), read this one. It's so much better than the original. Sample passage:

"These are mind-blowing numbers," Moore said Sunday of the estimates, which were $7 million more than most analysts predicted. "All the predictions were that the movie would only speak to the choir, that it would only be for those who don't like Bush. But it looks like lots more suckers went to see it. Which is great, because now I can have all the deep-fried diamonds and emeralds and mink I can cram into my pie hole. Hell, maybe I'll even bread and eat a sea turtle -- one of them big endangered ones -- which I can have smuggled into the country at a moment's notice by a gang of Ecuadoran children I bought off a down-on-his-luck fisherman in the winter of '97. Because I am just that rich. Man, do I ever love deep-fried foods!"

Today started out badly-I slept almost 9 hours last night, and am more tired today than I usually am after sleeping for 3. I'm not happy about that. But the above events/postings are changing things around. I'm waking up and feeling more chipper (or maybe it's because I'm on my second cup of coffee in the last 30 minutes).


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com