<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 25, 2004

A fisking as gentle as cavity removal with a chainsaw 

Jeff Jarvis recently viewed Michael Moore's new movie, F911. I don't think he liked it. An early paragraph reads:

Last night, I watched the Independent Film Channel, which aired Moore's press conference in Cannes after he won the big enchildada there and it was incredibly boring: a guy drones his opinions for a half-hour; it was like being stuck in an elevator with him.

Hmm. I'm guessing in an elevator there would be a stench (moldy cheeseburgers?) along with the annoying buzzing. So I guess viewing the press conference could have been worse.

You should give us legitimate facts and arm us with arguments by showing both sides of an issue and beating down the other side. If you don't do that, you're only shrieking. You're weakening your own argument by ignoring the other side. You're insulting the intelligence of your audience by not giving them both sides. You're just seething. That's what Moore is like now. He wants to convince us he's telling the truth but he's afraid to tell the whole truth.

Why tell the whole truth when he has a legion of fans who don't want to hear the other side of Moore's arguments (ranting, really)?

This is one more reason I don't like Moore. He is losing the humor that made earlier works bearable. I think if his stories, I mean "documentaries" were not billed as a documentary (According to The American Heritage Dictionary, a documentary is defined as: "A work, such as a film or television program, presenting political, social, or historical subject matter in a factual and informative manner and often consisting of actual news films or interviews accompanied by narration." I am pretty sure Moore's films do not qualify as such.), but were billed as being for entertainment purposes only, I could swallow Moore's bile a bit easier. Moore's kinda like Rush:loud, obnoxious, fat (is that PC? Oh yeah. I don't care), a purveyor of half-truths, in love with the sound of his own voice, and adored/worshipped/followed by many people who refuse to believe that some of the notions they hold to be irrefutable are in fact refutable (technically, I did not use the same word twice in one sentence. I removed the 'ir'.)

I'm hungry. I'm going to eat lunch.

But first, some links that help to discredit the documentary moniker:

Aptly titled, Moorelies
Mooreexposed (disgusting visual)
Exposing the real truths in F911
A movie I will probably go see: Michael Moore Hates America


Sure I could put some pro-Moore sites on, his own included, but this is my blog and I don't want to. Damn hippies

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com