<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

I say again, helmets are for wussies 

A new study showed that not many children in the US are wearing bike helmets. Actually, the title of the article is: Survey: U.S. Children not wearing bike helmets. A misleading title, since the study showed that nearly 50% of those studied were in fact wearing helmets. Back in my day, none of us wore helmets, or pads, or any safety gear no matter what we were doing. We laughed at people who did. I still do, in fact. Skiing? Hell no! I won't wear one skiing in part because I know I'll do dumber things and end up getting hurt worse than I would have had I not been wearing one. "What about on your motorcycle," you might ask. Well, valid point. I do wear one on that. But that's because it goes really fast (vroom vroom!) and the chances of me getting hit by an idiot driver (especially in Denver) are pretty good.

That is all. I am done rambling. At least until the next post.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com