<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Random Observation 

I am back listening to "Dude, Where's My Country". So back to the random, unconnected observations.

Moore seems to take any opportunity to rag on Bush, and even American people. His latest bewildering comment had to do with war (Iraq Part II) coverage by the French. On There were English subtitles, which he attributed to the fact that Americans are too dumb and lazy to learn a second language. I took Spanish for years in high school and college. I've studied some Italian and learned snippets of various other languages when I traveled thru Europe (Czech, Polish, German, French). But no, I would not be able to understand a news boradcast in French. That doesn't mean that I haven't learned a second language, but it does mean I never learned French.

I would have quoted him, but my cd player sucks and rewinding is a pain.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com