<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 02, 2004

Political TV 

Seems tv shows are delving into the political 'game' more than ever these days. And my feelings about that are pretty much the same as my feelings for celebrities voicing their opinions at gatherings such as awards shows.

Why does it bother me so much? I think I just figured part of it out. Obviously I have no problem with someone voicing their opinion. That is fine. The problem is that too many people put too much stock in what an actor or musician has to say. They don't use their brains to decide how they feel about a subject, they just accept what a famous person has to say without question. And I don't think a lot of these famous people put a lot of thought into what comes out of their mouths (i.e.-Al Franken. Though he is good at name calling). There, I think that is why it bugs me. So maybe its not so much famous people espousing their beliefs, but the apparent inability of a lot of the country not being able to think for themselves, and being snowed over because someone is famous.

Huh

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com