<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 28, 2004

Talk radio 

Al Franken is spearheading a new liberal radio network, Air America, to offset all the Conservative talk shows such as Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly. In theory it sounds like a good idea, but I am not sure I have high hopes. I feel like it's going to be a glorified playground confrontation, replete with name calling. Here is a quick excerpt on Al Franken:

A onetime high school wrestler, the 52-year-old Franken's recent antics have earned him the label of comic brawler: he tackled a heckler at a Kerry event and offered to fight a magazine editor who said Democrats had "sissified" politics.

I guess he too believes in free speech as long as it doesn't oppose his own viewpoints. I bet he'd get along with 'Hot Dem 1' (see the post below, Idiot people). Maybe they are the same person? Violence is ok and necessary to make someone 'see' things your way. Nice attitude.

His book titles are Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot and Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right. At least there were no mama jokes in the titles. I haven't read the books so I can't comment on their content.

I guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com