<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 26, 2004

From the Papacy 

The Pope is saying that Sunday should be for worship, not things such as sport and entertainment. That people should continue going to Mass on Sunday because the secular life is undermining family life.

Sorry, I have to disagree. I know a lot of people that go to Mass at least once a week but otherwise don't live the life they purport to live. Going to Mass doesn't make you a good Catholic. On the flip side, I know a lot of non-religious people that are great and live the Catholic life more than most of the Catholics I've known (as this is the only religion I have extensive experience, it is the only one I can/will comment on). I guess what I am saying is that I tend to think that what you do outside of Church is more important than whether or not you go.

And not to rail on a subject that has been beaten to death, but I think the Pope needs to put more focus on the actions of the few bad priests, and deal with them (get them help) instead of trying to cover these things up. I think they have done a poor job of damage control and have come off seeming arrogant and unconcerned instead of caring and apologetic. That is not a good image to project.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com