<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Discrimination is discrimination 

"We don't have a choice in the fact that we were born with a skin color," Bennett said. "But I certainly can make a choice about who I lay down and sleep with."

I think it's safe to say that most gay people would disagree that their being gay was their choice. And even if it is, discrimination is discrimination. Wasn't there a time when blacks and whites were not allowed to marry (was there? I think so but am not positive)? I guess that would not have been acceptable either because it was their choice? I have trouble understanding how someone of a race that's been persecuted and discriminated against for centuries could so easily condone more of the same on another 'group'. People is people. You don't like what they are doing in their bedroom? Don't go there.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com