<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Invaded 

Here is an interesting thought from Charlie, a friend of my dad’s. I spent most of last week with my dad and this guy, and there was quite a bit of talk about war in general, past wars, and the recently “ended” war in Iraq. When discussing how happy the Iraqi people are to be liberated, his response was basically this-if someone came and blew up my farm and my equipment, I’d hate the bastards. It wouldn’t matter why they were there, to lose his livelihood would create perpetual enmity against the invaders/liberators. This was Charlie looking at things from the perspective of the Iraqi people. An interesting viewpoint, that I think helps to highlight some of the animosity reigning in Iraq.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com