<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Chinese 'freedom' 

54 people are now held in Chinese prisons, simply for using the internet to express and spread political opinions or other ideas that have been deemed dangerous by the government. That explains why my sister (who is over there teaching English right now) can't access this website. It is very sad that so many people are being repressed and kept ignorant simply because those in charge are scared that their people will find out all that is wrong with their leaders. I am glad I live here.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com