<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 20, 2003

Where is the media? 

I was discussing my Leonard Peltier blog last night with my dinner date (girlfriend). She was wondering why this story, rife with corruption, scandal, and massive cover-ups is something that is rarely covered by the media. The point she was making was that this would seemingly make a great scandalous story (of which the media is so fond). So why does it remain unseen?

This scandal began in the late 1970's. Maybe the story got played out back then?
Is it another attempt to ignore our history (and to once again, not learn from our mistakes)?
Are we as a country loathe to bring to mind something so garishly wrong; not thinking about it being less guilt-inducing than dredging it back up?

I don't know. But I do know that a man is growing older and sicker in prison, denied his rights, for a crime whose evidence points in a completely different direction.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

ABOUT ME
Name: Corey
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States

I'm on a journey with no destination. The path is constantly changing direction but there are always adventures to be had. "Never" and "always" have left my lexicon.

Google
WWW http:/www.jimspeak.blogspot.com